Technical Team Lead
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic technical leader who is a software expert, you enjoy making high-level design choices and dictating technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
You love the challenge and opportunity to design application architectures from scratch and put your own unique stamp on it.
You are the kind of engineer that looks at tough or expensive challenges, and figures out ingenious solutions. You use the best of many tools to achieve the results you need. If there’s no good way to do something, you create software to do it.
You are known for being dependable, a reliable problem solver, and being a tech detective. If something is broken you find it and fix it, aided by the structure you’ve set up.
Who are we?
We're an elite team, one of a kind in Egypt, and we're working on building highly sophisticated Artificial Intelligence platforms in the field of digital marketing automation. Our team has won several awards and were mentioned in the world's biggest publications such as Forbes, TechCrunch, and more.
We are on a mission to make the internet a better place by fixing the way marketing works, and together we're conquering the world.
Why work with us?
Because we put people first!
Some of the benefits of working in Cognitev are:
- Global company with offices around the world (Dubai, Cairo, San Francisco)
- Our Cairo office is a large villa, with our own pool, and mango trees with an XBox zone, and a Ping-pong table :)
- All our salaries are paid in US Dollars ($)
- Stock options for all team members
- Unlimited vacation, work from home
- Schooling allowance for team members with children
- Full Medical Insurance
- In-house Catering service
- Working on the most challenging computational problems with the most advanced stack
- Incredible hand-picked team, that is one of the most solid in Egypt.
- An amazing culture to work in
- Global product being used by customers around the world (US, Europe, Asia, MENA)
- Proven Experience designing and developing S. O. L. I. D Software
- Experience in designing APIs and data pipelines
- Experience in modeling ERD for databases: N3 relational databases, document stores and generally can take CAP related decisions.
- Experience in legacy code management and technical debt management.
- Proven experience in integration with external systems.
- Experience designing cloud based fault tolerant systems using major public and private cloud computing service providers.
- Familiar with XP, TDD and BDD best practices.
- Good understanding of Linux essentials.
- Knowledge of Ad technology ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience designing and maintaining Data pipeline is a plus.
- Python3 experience is a plus.
- Nodejs experience is a plus.
- Deep learning and Tensor-flow is a plus
- Limit choices available during development by:
-choosing a standard way of pursuing application development
-creating, defining, or choosing an application framework for the application
- Recognize potential reuse in the organization or in the application by:
-observing and understanding the broader system environment
-creating the component design
-having knowledge of other applications in the organization.
- Decompose any complex application, during the design phase, into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Grasp the functions of each component within the application and Understand the interactions and dependencies among components
- Mentor and Coach junior Software Engineers In order to perform their responsibilities effectively and developing any required diagrams to convey the information.